Welcome to B.U.M.S. – February
Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (B.U.M.S.) is a casual gathering of ukulele players, from beginners to advanced to people who just appreciate the joy of uke! We meet at 7pm on the first Wednesday of each month for a casual jam session, skills sharing and musical fun.
We’ll be (loosely) following this agenda for the evening:
- We play some Warm-up numbers a couple of “standards” – download a copy from our Standards page.
- Monthly songs – suggestions from any BUMS member or guest are welcome. Send song suggestions to February songs page.
- News and Announcements (short and sweet)
- Individual showcase – individuals will have the opportunity to showcase a pet project, e.g. an original, an interpretation, new favourite songs, piece they’re learning/developing
- Homework – from the previous month. See the February songs page for homework. Send a homework song suggestion to Where is B.U.M.S.? Feel free to stop by the bar and grab a drink or order some food.
When: 7pm until 9.30-ish Wednesday 2 February
Bring: A smile and a ukulele. We also ask for a modest $5 entry fee from non-members to help cover overheads. To become a member click here.