UPDATED 20 August 2021
BUMS Inc are keeping a close eye on the latest directives from Qld Health. We need your cooperation to ensure our jams are COVID-safe events. Due to the constantly changing directives from August we are trying events with masks as this seems to be the new ‘normal’.
Checking In and Contact Tracing
You are now required to check in to the venue where the jam is being held using the Check In Queensland App. Find out why, where to get it and how to use it here https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld.
Our friendly BUMS door greeters will also check you off the jam door list as you enter the room.
In line with Qld Health Roadmap to easing restrictions – Stage 2 , BUMS Inc is holding events and jams with the following mask protocols.
- Please wear your mask when entering, exiting, chatting or moving around at the jam unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Masks can be removed when seated 1.5m apart, and while eating or drinking. You must be seated to eat and drink.
- Set leaders will remove their mask while performing.
Additional health and safety measures that apply to our jams:
- There is a limit on the number of people at a jam.
- You must have a ticket to attend; available through Trybooking.
- We keep a register of each ticket holder for contact tracing.
- We manage a defined venue or space according to the latest directives.
- You must be seated and maintain social distancing of 1.5m apart.
- We control the flow of people moving in and out of the venue.
Check the latest guidelines from Queensland Health.
If you are playing with friends at home please stay safe and follow the latest guidelines. Face Masks- How to wear, use and change.
BUMS COVID SAFE RULES FOR JAMS
Jams in this new era of social distancing and keeping COVID-safe, are a bit different and we ask all of our community to please keep these rules in mind.
1. Please don’t come if you are unwell. LINK: What is COVID 19 and Keeping Our Community Safe
2. Numbers are limited and tickets are made available through TryBooking. If you come without a ticket it is likely you will not be able to participate in the jam.
3. There are clearly marked entry and exit to the venue. On entry, please sanitise your hands.
4. Check in at entrance with your ticket.
5. Wash your hands. Use your own hand sanitiser at the event or use that provided. Clean your ukulele and any other equipment you bring.
6. Chairs will be provided and will be 1.5m apart.
7. Please sit down throughout the jam. Please don’t move the chairs unless you are with a family member.
8. We may need to turn people away if too many turn up.
9. If we can’t manage the crowd, we may have to stop the event.
10. If the jam is outdoors we will tape off an area to define the COVID-safe zone.
Currently only Coorparoo, Westside, Ferny Grove and Northside jams are meeting.
There are NO beginner classes before any of the jams.
You MUST have a ticket to attend; once the venue capacity is reached there are no more tickets available however all jams have a waiting list so you can be contacted IF a ticket becomes available.
Coorparoo Jam – Coorparoo Bowls Club
Westside Jam – Rosemount Community Centre
Ferny Grove Jam – Ferny Grove Sports and Community Sports Club
Northside Jam – Northern Suburbs Bowls Club
Deception Bay Jam – Maota Fono- Samoan Meeting House
Read more about what it took to plan our first COVID safe Jam in this post.
If you have any other enquires about jams, QR codes or Trybooking please contact Jo Kunde via