The Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society Inc has three types of membership.
- Associate members (under 18 years of age)
- Ordinary members (financial)
- Life members (nominated and approved by the management committee)
BUMS Inc now offers associate membership to ukulele players under 18 years of age (i.e. primary and secondary school students). Associate membership is free, but applicants must submit an application form signed by a parent/carer.
Please note, that while members under 18 years of age are not required to pay membership or entrance fees to monthly jams, they must be accompanied to jams by a financial member or paying adult.
Annual membership fees for financial members are $50.00 per financial year (July–June). All membership renewal is due on 1 July. Please submit a membership renewal form to confirm your contact details.
Financial members’ benefits are:
- Discounts at certain retail outlets on presentation of membership card (see Sponsors & Supporters)
- The right to vote at general meetings
- The right to nominate positions on the society’s committees
- Discounts at a range of workshops and concerts
- Free entry to all of our large monthly jams.
- Eligibility to join one of our community bands.
Note: Visitors (non-members) pay a $5.00 entry fee per jam. Gold coin donations towards room hire are collected from visitors at WE BUMS (West End Jam).
How to join …
New members must submit a signed membership application, where they are nominated and seconded by financial members.
Membership applications forms can also be downloaded from the web links below.
Membership forms are also available at the sign-in desk at our larger jams — Coorparoo (Coorparoo Bowls Club), Northside (Northern Suburbs Bowls Club), Ferny Grove (The Grove Sports Club, aka Ferny Grove Bowls, Sports and Community Club) and Toowong (Toowong Bowls Club).
Our smaller venues are more informal gatherings, and do not process membership.
Submit a membership form
Complete the membership form and bring it to a jam, and pay your membership fee at the sign-in desk. If you don’t know any existing members, ask for assistance at the sign-in desk to find someone to nominate and second your application for membership.
You can also scan your completed membership form, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a receipt for an online or over-the-counter membership payment. Please hand your original membership form in at the sign-in desk at the next jam you attend.
Make a membership payment
Instructions for membership payments are available from our Membership Payments web page.
Membership payment options include:
- In Person at jams — Pay by cash or cheque at one of our larger jam venues — Coorparoo, Northside, Ferny Grove or Toowong.
- In person at a Westpac branch — Make an over-the-counter deposit into the BUMS Inc bank account at any Westpac branch, and notify the Treasurer by email (email@example.com).
- Online — Transfer funds to the BUMS Inc bank account, and notify the Treasurer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email a copy of the payment receipt from the over-the-counter or online banking transaction to email@example.com.
- Please nominate a jam venue for picking up your membership card.
- If you are a new member, scan your completed membership form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your receipt.
Collect your membership card
Membership cards must be collected from one of our larger jam venues. Remember to ask at the sign-in desk for your membership card. As we produce membership cards in batches, your card might not be available at the very next jam.